CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
This blog originally was intended to be a picture of the day blog; however, it has seemed to morph into a journal of sorts, it is mostly about Hadley and her daily happenings, but since I am writing it- you get a bit of me every once in a while too. I hope you enjoy reading about our lives!

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day 288

It is finally Friday, yay! I love Fridays at work, they are usually laid back days. Generally my principal comes and sits in our office telling stories, jokes, etc., and there is a pep rally EVERY Friday ( how awesome is that??) Double yay because my parents are coming up this weekend! This week has brought colder weather which has been so nice- it has been simply gorgeous outside, I really hope It stays this way at least through Saturday, as I am having Hadley’s 9 months pictures taken; we are using a local natural light photographer- she shot a friend of mine’s family and I LOVED her work, and since she is starting out she is pretty inexpensive, so I am REALLY excited about that. I am excited about Hadley’s pictures- I have 3 pretty cute outfits picked out, with matching bows of course.

When I picked up Hadley yesterday from school they pulled me aside and wanted to talk to me about “snack time.” Evidently with the new director after 8 months they have an afternoon snack and it is encouraged that they have apple juice and it has to be in a sippy cup. This really had me thinking- 1) I don’t really want Hadley to have juice on a daily basis, there is no need, and 2) what if all 8 month olds aren’t drinking out of a sippy cup?? Hadley CAN use a sippy cup and probably should be doing so more often than we do at home, so I do appreciate that they will work on this developmental milestone with her, I just am not so sure that is a blanket expectation….but I trust them. I also asked about what they expected for a snack, the teacher said they have goldfish, but she brings cookies or pudding for her 11 month old. I am not sure why, but this makes me panic. So many thoughts fill my head…1) I could send puffs or yogurt melts Hadley can handle those, but occasionally she sort of chokes on them, so that may not be the best choice….then 2) that makes me panic, because maybe she is behind. It’s the whole food insecurity again. After 1 it is expected that she will eat lunch at day care, that means straight up table food- Hadley seems to be so far away from that, not to mention the girl still has yet to pop a tooth. It is strange I just feel all this pressure to rush her into eating the same things I eat, but I just know she isn’t ready-every child is different, right???

In totally unrelated information, there are a few shows that I consider, “must watch” that I don’t hear very many people talk about at, what does this say about me? First is Parenthood….oh my goodness I LOVE this show, it is so well made and you really feel connected to the characters (or at least I do). I see myself and my life in a few of the characters, if you aren’t watching it check it out. I will be honest and say if it weren’t for DVR, I wouldn’t get to see this show, as it comes on at 9 on Tuesdays and most nights I pass out around 9:30. I am also loving “Happy Endings,” and really the whole lineup on ABC on Wednesday nights. It is really witty. I am also beyond excited that the Making of The Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders started back last night, this is my favorite part of football season, and with the way the Cowboys are looking this year, the cheerleaders are the best thing that team has to offer (you know it’s true.) I think it is sad that TV is such a highlight in my life, but once the baby is asleep, catching up on my favorite shows is the BEST way to relax. I can’t wait for Top Chef: Texas to start…I love Top Chef, and as much as I love Gail, this whole Top Chef Just Desserts doesn’t do it for me- perhaps it is my lack of a sweet tooth.

Here is Hadley playing peek-a-boo, she loves putting everything on her head- she is a silly girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment