Day 30: Share a picture you love
This is the first time I ever got to hold Hadley. She was taken to the NIC-U pretty quickly after she was born, and I was in recovery for several hours following my c-section. They didn’t have a room for me for a while so I waited in triage, an area I spent lots of time in at Lake Pointe Medical Center during my pregnancy. Hadley was born at 8:17am and this picture was taken at about 2pm. I had to beg for them to take me to see her and beg for them to let me hold her. They were very hesitant about letting me hold her, which scared me; it made me think something was terribly wrong. I love how she is just looking right at me in this picture. It’s the same look she gives me when I rock her to sleep every night. This picture captures the beginning of our life together. It was the best day ever; Hadley truly is the BEST thing I have ever done.


No comments:
Post a Comment