CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
This blog originally was intended to be a picture of the day blog; however, it has seemed to morph into a journal of sorts, it is mostly about Hadley and her daily happenings, but since I am writing it- you get a bit of me every once in a while too. I hope you enjoy reading about our lives!

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Day 291

Today was EXTREMELY busy. Evidently over the weekend all the seniors got together and decided to make today “Go ask Ms. Boyd to send a transcript to 5 different colleges day…” Between sending out transcripts, I was talking to students about which colleges to apply to, helping some with scholarships, and looking at those who failed for the first nine weeks, I got a call from Hadley’s day care. They asked if I had noticed red sores in her mouth. My heart instantly sunk, no I hadn’t. In this moment I felt like such a failure as a mom, how had I not noticed? Mornings are a little hectic in our house and sadly that morning I had not peered into her mouth, which is a much harder task than one might realize. They were fairly certain she had thrush, which I was praying it was that and NOT the hand, foot, mouth stuff that is going around (see all these fun things you learn when you are a parent- I had no idea a hand, foot, mouth virus existed).

I was able to get her in this afternoon and they quickly confirmed it was indeed thrush. We got two prescriptions a cream for her mouth and one for the diaper rash caused by the thrush. Of course after the prescription was called into CVS and the computer system for all CVSs was down yesterday, so we are getting that tomorrow rather than today…oh well. When we got home Hadley found a baby doll in her room and was a very intrigued by it. It cries and says “mama” I think it freaked her out, but she kept wanting to hold it. It was funny! She is also ALL about her books lately.

Here are some pictures from the day….

No comments:

Post a Comment