Last night I tried giving Hadley lentils, and it was a great success. I was really worried because in the past beans (black and chick peas) have caused her to gag and act like a choking fool. I cooked them in chicken broth and with garlic and onion, so they tasted and smelled really yummy. She was playing on the floor and I took the lentils over to her. I took a bite, see I was trying some reverse psychology-if I eat it, she will want it, and it worked. She came right over reaching for the spoon. So I gave her several SMALL bites at first, I figured this might make the thicker consistency more palatable to her and it worked, she kept wanting more. Once I saw she was going to actually eat them, I put her in the high chair. I am working on getting her to eat “finger food,” and the lentils were thick enough for me to scoop on her tray and let her pick up and she did. I am so happy; this is the first thing we have tried in a while that she loved right off the bat. We have been in a bit of a food rut lately. She ate a whole container of lentils and went on to eat a whole container of apricot apple sauce, another new food she liked.
After all that eating, she went through our BBB (bath, bottle, bed) routine pretty quickly and was out by 6:30, this allowed me to cook several things for me to eat this week-which was great. What wasn’t great was the coughing induced vomit that got us both out of bed at 5am, a whole 30 minutes before I normally have my first alarm go off…So I was up for the day. Hadley was just cranky all morning, because she too typically sleeps well past 5. So I get ready with a baby that wanted to be held and threw a fit when I had to put her down; I am sure this was not good for my blood pressure…but somehow we both managed to get ready and out the door. Hadley of course fell asleep as soon as I buckled her into her car seat…although this wasn’t the best way to start a morning, 2 things made me happy. Hadley is finally getting all the phlegm out of her system…I mean honestly I am tired of having to fight her to a)put saline drops in and b) turn around and attempt to get that stuff out…it is a battle!! I was also happy to wake up to cold (like in the 50s people!!) weather. Hadley got to wear a cute fall outfit, that I foolishly bought in 6 month…so basically she gets this one wear and to the bag it goes (I have a trash bag I am collecting all her outgrown clothes in, this will go to some mama needing baby clothes at some point…). Oh well it was tight, but cute today!
Droning It In
1 day ago










No comments:
Post a Comment