Today was a crazy day; I mean everything was off schedule. I volunteered to work the parent pager at church tonight, which meant I had to be at church at 5:15…so I knew it was going to be a different kind of day. I was smart and packed Hadley’s daycare bag and a bag for the hour or so she would be in the nursery at church the night before. We actually were out of the house the earliest we had been in a while- which impressed me. Work today was rather slow compared to yesterday, which was nice- I got to catch my breath.
I ran by the grocery store before picking up Hadley, because honestly I was trying to kill time, so we couldn’t have to get out of the car (or go in the house) between leaving work and going to church. Hadley has this fun new habit of fighting and contorting so that she is almost impossible to put in a car seat (this is foreshadowing of the events to come). I ran to the store, picked up Hadley, ran by CVS to get her prescription, because their system was back up, and off to church we went. She took a nice nap and all was good. We got to church, I checked her in, dropped her off, and headed off to my post. An hour and half later, we were outta there. As we left the church I thought this night is going to be great! Hadley always sleeps between church and the house, it’s about a 15 minute drive, and then we will do bath, bottle, bed no problem. HA!!
The first 5 minutes were fine, and then she started getting fussy. Then she started coughing. Lately she has had the phlegm issue (as I have previously discussed) and coughs and gags A LOT it can be scary. Well, in the car she starts crying hysterically and gets all coughed up – making a sound that makes me think she is choking. So I pull over to the side of the road, rush out of the car and make the biggest mistake ever- I TAKE HER OUT OF THE CARSEAT. She seems to calm down and seems really sleepy, so I attempt to put her in the car seat…OH. NO. That won’t be happening. She screams and twists and it is a good 20 minutes before I am able to somehow get her strapped back in. The rest of the drive I have to reach back and let her chew on my finger to stop her from screaming. HOWEVER, when I did this, I discovered the problem.
Hadley’s very first tooth had FINALLY cut through her gums!!! But before you go expecting me to post a picture of the little tooth; you should know THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. I see all my mommy friends with pictures in which they pull down their little one’s lip to reveal teeth- there is no way Hadley is letting that happen, unless I physically restrain her. She hates anyone touching her mouth or her nose (hence my ignorance of the thrush in her mouth).
So instead of a tooth picture, you get this…the one not so great picture I was able to snap this morning of Hadley in the first of 4 Halloween outfits she has.
Droning It In
1 day ago


No comments:
Post a Comment