Today was a busy, busy day- Wednesdays always are. We rush home from school, have a few moments to play, then we have to accelerate dinner, bath, and bottle, so that we can be out the door by 6:15, for my Wednesday mom’s bible study. I LOVE this study. Every week we have a different topic and this week was about making memories/traditions. The woman that came tonight had AWESEOME ideas. I am super excited about them, and was even more pumped to see that I already do a few of them. I think my biggest fear when it comes to these traditions, is that I have such great PLANS now while she is a baby and can’t really partake in these plans, I am going to HAVE to hold myself accountable…because it is so important to me to not only document, but to instill traditions that are lasting, meaningful, and unite us a family. I often wonder if I remarry, if my future husband will be as convicted and if he isn’t I sure hope he is willing to go along with all these big plans I have. Some of the ideas I really liked where:
• A birthday book- holding ONE picture from each birthday/party- so just a picture a year (that was sort of her whole thing, was to not get OVERWHELMED by taking a million pictures and then being faced with the challenge to scrapbook- the working mom in me- loved this. She also suggested doing something similar with holidays, first day of school, vacations, etc. A theme book allows you to look through the years rather than just one trip or one celebration.
• A memory board in which you place one picture from each month (a total of 12 a year), this is in a prominent place and each year, like on New Year’s you take them off the board and into a album they go
• The candle of honor- when a child does something deemed honorable they get the honor candle lit and at their place setting during dinner- this is a good way to honor accomplishments and/or good acts of character
There were several other good ones that I jotted down, but these are the easiest and ones that stuck out.
In other news, this week I have dealt with lots and lots of girl fighting at work. It just seems these girls want to beat the crap out of one another, and wouldn’t you know it, it is ALMOST ALWAYS about boys. It makes me feel a lot of things, but mostly it makes me feel worried about the challenges Hadley has ahead of her. I am praying that I raise my child so that she isn’t in these situations, but there is only so much I can do. It is so difficult to me a teen girl these days, it just is. I am SO, SO, SO thrilled that those days are over for me- your self esteem is in the hands of your peers…it is just HARD. I suppose I need to start praying now that Hadley makes it through with grace and class now.
Tomorrow we go back to the doctor yet again, for her 9 month check up and hopefully to get SOMETHING done about this cough and snot issue that won’t seem to go away. Poor baby is just a snotty mess!
Droning It In
1 day ago

No comments:
Post a Comment