CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
This blog originally was intended to be a picture of the day blog; however, it has seemed to morph into a journal of sorts, it is mostly about Hadley and her daily happenings, but since I am writing it- you get a bit of me every once in a while too. I hope you enjoy reading about our lives!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Day 98

We got a doctor’s appointment at2:15 today- it DID NOT go well. It started off just fine, we waited only about 7 minutes ( in a completely empty waiting room mind you) to be taken back to a room. They promptly weighed Hadley (11lbs even) and told us the doctor would be “right in.” Now I know right in NEVER means “right” in, but we waited an hour and 15 minutes before the doctor decided to walk into the room. While we were waiting I could tell my poor sick baby was getting hungy, she normally eats about 3:30; however, there is a huge sign in the room asking that babies not be fed in the room. So I do my best at keeping her mind off of her hunger, which I was able to do successfully for over an hour (props to me). By the time the doctor walks in she has waited long enough and begins to cry- not loud obnoxious screaming mind you ( I know she is my child, but I can admit when she is on the obnoxious side), this was just a rather subdued fuss, to which the doctor barks at me, “can you not just stick something in her mouth?” He then walks out of the room demanding I give her a bottle. So I do, and I also begin to cry. Here I am doing this all alone, doing the best I can to keep my SICK child calm. Yes I knew she was hungry, but the sign said I couldn’t feed her…perhaps you shouldn’t make sick children wait that long! So about 45 minutes later the doctor comes back stating it’s just a cold and there is nothing I can do about it ( he always insists that “nothing is wrong”- case in point when Hadley had RSV, he would have sent us home without doing ANY tests/screenings, had I not pushed that something was wrong). So almost 3 hours and $30 later- we leave with nothing to make her feel better and certain that I will find a new pediatrician tomorrow! I left furious, so naturally I then had to take advantage of Hadley’s nap time/ about an hour of free time in Rockwall, so I got a hair cut (first one since SEPTEMBER) and a nice turkey, bacon, guacamole sandwich from Quiznos.



No comments:

Post a Comment