Hadley was in a really great mood for the first couple hours we were home. We played and practiced picking things up and using her hands. She was laughing and talking up a storm. It was a great afternoon. That was the afternoon….after her bath Ms. Hyde came for a visit (that’s a Jekyll and Hyde reference for you non-literary folks…). She was just mad. She didn’t want a bottle, she didn’t want to be held and rocked, she didn’t want me to sing to her, she didn’t want to swing NOTHING worked. I figured gas was to blame, because with Hadley it usually is, so I tried Mylacon and rubbing her tummy- neither of these seemed to really make her feel any better either…thus from 8 until about midnight neither of us got any sleep. It’s a strange thing that happens in those hours. On one hand I really hate to see my child upset (especially now that actual tears accompany her crying), but I also remember in the back of my mind that I have to get up and go to work and FUNCTION in the morning. Needless to say, a lot of emotions bombard me at this point and I feel helpless. All I can say is THANK GOD this RARELY happens. I am so happy that even if Hadley isn’t sleeping through the night yet (which everyone always asks me), that 99% of the time she is on a pretty strict sleeping and waking schedule. It’s just one of things- you gotta keep on trucking!
Droning It In
1 day ago







No comments:
Post a Comment