Me! Tonight's swimming lessons were a disaster! It was thundering, so we couldn't get in the water, and rather than leaving, we met with the teacher who talked for about 10 mins. He is a nice older man, a retired Dallas ISD kindergarten teacher. I knew this wouldn't go well. Hadley doesn't like being held in public places, where it's much more fun to run around. I literally used every ounce of my being to hold her while he talked. I walked away from the group, but still got awful looks. I know what they are thinking, why can't she control her kid?!?! She is an awful mother. The worst looks came from a dad, as if to say my wide would never allow my child to behave that way. Afterwards the teacher was really nice, he said she is really young and just wants to get in the pool. Hr gave her a little ball and like magic, she stopped crying!
The moment I was in the car, I started crying...what is wrong with me?? Why is my child so bad sometimes. I do everything they suggest, I try so many different approaches, and still these meltdowns happens. I know they are unavoidable, but when they happen in public, it literally is the worst feeling I have ever experienced! It makes me feel like a failure in a way nothing else ever has... Hopefully tomorrow will be better...
Droning It In
1 day ago














I just want to say, I love reading your blog. It helps me to know that I am not the only one out there that feels the way I do a lot. With that being said,I too have a very tempermental two year old. Especially in public. Dylan, if not getting exactly what he wants, will scream, kick, hit and its so embarrasing. But I am learning to stick to my guns and say no and stick to it. It will eventually pay off right? Well at least I hope so:)
ReplyDelete