Hadley and I headed down to Humble on Wednesday. I went into work that morning and planned to be there for just a bit, but ended up staying a little bit longer, so we left town about an hour later than I had planned on. While on 45 about an hour from our destination, a huge clump of mud came flying off of a truck in front of me: I watched in slow motion as it came flying right towards my windshield, I had no shoulder and couldn't change lanes, so I just hoped it wouldn't hurt the window...well my hopes were ignored. It did some pretty bad damage to my windshield, it was pretty scary!
Thursday, we went to visit my mom at work on her last day before her two week vacation. Hadley had a pretty good time running around her building!
Thursday also marked the one year anniversary of Jake dying...I can't believe it's been a full year without my faithful pup, I sure do miss him.
Friday was my 10 year reunion. Tara and I went to get pedicures that afternoon to get ready for the event. I was a little disappointed in the turnout, out of nearly 900 people about 100 actually showed up, and not a whole lot of people that I wanted to see. Tara , Billy, and I met up with Stephanie at Brick House Tavern- it was pretty fun to catch up with the people I've actually kept in contact with!
Saturday my Uncle Hub and cousin Carol came over. We made fajitas and visited. Sunday we did some shopping and that evening I went with Tara to the One Direction concert. They aren't a band I am fanatical about, but it was fun: most importantly it was nice to have several hours of just adult time to talk!
We are here all week and have lots of fun plans!
Droning It In
1 day ago






No comments:
Post a Comment