From the time was she was born, Hadley was my little water baby from the day she was born. At 6 months, she loved to be in the pool, she never fought baths. So I was super excited to sign her up for swimming lessons, I thought you would LOVE it.
Flash forward to last week, out of nowhere, she developed a strong feat of water. My child who used to run to the bath at bath time, suddenly had full fledge melt downs complete with screaming at bath time. So clearly, I started to worry about how it would go...mostly because I had visions of being the mom with the screaming out of control baby!
So we get to the pool today and it starts really well. She excitedly points and smiles at the pool saying "wawa." They tell us where we will be and tell us to go on and get in the pool- so we do. Once in the water she is a little unsure at first. Shortly after a little boy starts getting upset, so naturally Hadley follows suit. We start walking around the pool splashing and such, the teacher is making the rounds talking to each tot, of which Hadley is easily the youngest. This calms her down and she is okay. Until they ask us to try to get them on their back in float position. Umm..there is no way that's gonna fly with Hadley. So we just splash around which she seems to enjoy. Shortly after a radio comes out and Hadley begins boogieing down. At this point it dawns on me. These lessons might not necessarily teach Hadley a whole lot about swimming, but it can be a time for us to have some fun mommy/Hadley time and at the very least will help her get comfortable in the water...I am excited to go back and do it again tomorrow!!
Droning It In
1 day ago





No comments:
Post a Comment