Hadley and I have had a great time staying in Humble. She really loves playing outside, swinging, and chasing after my parent's beagle Maggie. We spent a lot of time playing in the sprinkler, the pool, and she loved riding around in the wagon, while PaPa James pulled her. She also discovered a love for finger painting!We had several new experiences too! Gigi and I, took her to the Children's Museum in Houston. It was crazy packed in the main part of the museum, but upstairs in the tot spot, it wasn't too bad. Hadley loved the freedom of being able to run around and do whatever she wanted to do. There was a ball pit and a bridge that seemed to be her favorite. It was interesting to watch all these babies through 2 year old interact. Hadley either wanted to kiss them or hit them, I am not sure what was the determining factor. She got hit and pushed a few times, but didn't seem to mind. That's just how kids that age are I guess... They had an outdoor area with cars and cones and such, she loved that too. It was really hot outside so we only stayed at there a while!
We tried lots of new foods. I was most excited about the Greek restaurant we tried. Hadley really like it- she ate lamb, grape leaves, pita bread, feta cheese, and lemon potatoes. I was amazed at her willingness to try new foods, I hope she keeps it up! She also ate fajitas, cheese dip, baked potato soup, onions, grits, and blue cheese dressing. She will try anything pretty much!
Thursday we went to visit my dad, Bop. Hadley had a great time running around his condo getting into everything!! We had a good time visiting and playing. He will be making a trip up to see us soon to help convert Hadley's crib into a big girl bed. This is especially important, because last nigh I caught her literally hanging on the rail of the crib...it is SCARY to think what would have happened had I not gone in to check on her at that moment!
Friday, we made a visit to College Station. I wanted to start a tradition of taking our picture outside of the Clayton Williams building by the ring every time we visited, so when she does go there, I can make her a collage or something. We walked around the new and improved and GORGEOUS MSC, and walked around the campus until we thought we were going to die of heat stroke! Hadley did really well and seemed to love it. When we got to the ring, that all changed. She was OVER IT! She didn't want to take a picture at all, and proceeded to bite my face, which hurt A LOT, and throw the WORST tantrum I have ever seen...we immediately went back to to car...LUCKILY no one was around to witness it!!!
Saturday, is Hadley's day to spend with her Nana, Papa, and her father. My mom came home with us, so that means she and I get a girls' day where we don't have to chase around an 18 month old! I think we are going to catch a movie, maybe do some shopping, and possibly even attempt to have a leisurely lunch, we will miss Hadley of course, but it will be nice to have adult time!







No comments:
Post a Comment