CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
This blog originally was intended to be a picture of the day blog; however, it has seemed to morph into a journal of sorts, it is mostly about Hadley and her daily happenings, but since I am writing it- you get a bit of me every once in a while too. I hope you enjoy reading about our lives!

Saturday, June 16, 2012

What to Expect When Expecting

Saturday, I decided to have a day to myself full of retail therapy. I know I'm not the only girl in the world when a boy makes her upset she finds relief in purchasing a few new outfits- I actually bought stuff for myself and not Hadley, well I did buy her a few items. I was primarily on the hunt for a dress for my upcoming 10 year reunion, and I lucked out and loved the first dress I tried on. After some some shopping I headed to the movies to see What to Expect When Expecting.

It was a good movie. If you know me at all, you probably know I cry in ANY movie and this was no exception. It kind of caught me off guard. I personally loved being pregnant, I mean I loved it; I think that was God's way of taking my mind of my crumbling marriage...when I think back to my pregnancy, as much as I loved it, I can't help but feel sadness and even resentment. I think every woman hopes and desires her significant other to be their right hand man, their support, their cheerleader. I can't help but feel sad when i think back to how different my experience was. Don't get me wrong I had my parents, primarily my mom, there for me in every way I could have hoped for, but it's note same as sharing that experience with my husband. The couples in the movie today all seemed to get closer during the pregnancy, they bonded and worked together. My ex-husband was there to make the baby and when she was born, but not really at all in between. I say that not to complain or to get sympathy, it simply wasn't what I expected at all. I still yearn for the dream of meeting a man that wants to have a child, one that wants to be at the doctor's appointments, to help me in daily task, to truly be my partner through pregnancy and parenting. It isn't something I think of often, but in the theater all alone, I blubbered like an idiot because I feel like I was shortchanged somehow. One of the moms in the movie had a rough pregnancy and said all she had wanted was the "glow" of pregnancy. Once her baby was born she realized he was the glow, and that is exactly how I feel. My pregnancy and journey are not what I had envisioned or what I dreamed for as a little girl, but Hadley brings more joy and purpose to my life than I ever could have imagined, and for now that is all that matters!

No comments:

Post a Comment