Today was the first day it really felt like summer break to me. Hadley started our day pretty early at 4:30, but that's okay. She was content to watch a little Dora while I woke up. We played around the house and on the balcony this morning, then met up with a co-worker for lunch. I am always leery of taking Hadley out to eat with someone other than my mom, AKA someone that has to love Hadley. She just gets really stir crazy and restaurants aren't her favorite. It went okay, I suppose....luckily Cindy was really understanding and did a great job of entertaining Hadley and had quick working solutions...that is the joy of eating with a fellow mom, it isn't nearly as embarrassing, because at least they have a been there done that attitude, at least that is what I tell myself!
After lunch we headed to the splash pad in Forney. It was a blast. Hadley LOVED it! She was chasing after the big kids, she just is so social. She kept trying to hug everyone and go kiss all the babies. She also tried to steal a Sophie off of a baby's stroller...she is a handful. She ran around the splash pad and the park for a good hour an a half. She loved swinging...she did that for a good 20 minutes. It was a pleasant outing, we both had a good time, I see many visits there this summer. I had hoped to take pictures of Hadley and the splash pad, but it wasn't easy for this mama to let her run around and play and watch her and take pictures, maybe next time!!
Tomorrow we head to Humble. I am pretty excited about it, I have a few things going on, most notably my 10 year reunion, and am looking forward to several outings with my mom and Hadley. Here we are it is officially summer break...yay!!
We got Hadley's new big girl backpack today, I love it; no more diaper bag!
Droning It In
1 day ago






No comments:
Post a Comment