Hadley Grace is 16 months old! I have been so busy with school and just life that I almost completely forgot. This has been a super busy month for us, but a good one nonetheless. Here are the highlights of this month:
• We are way into animal sounds, she knows the sounds of dog/puppy, cat, cow, sheep, and duck
• She loves to dance and quite frankly is really good at it
• She also loves to climb- on everything. It can be pretty dangerous and she is fast! As soon as she is 18 months she is going to gymnastics, she is a natural!
• Hadley had her second Easter. This year she really got into the egg hunt. I also didn’t spend the entire Easter service with a crying baby in the hall; she was happily playing in the nursery!
• She got to meet the Easter bunny as well as some real bunnies.
• Hadley learned the word bunny; she is talking more and more every day. I am always impressed at how much she picks up in one day.
• She is good at pointing out my nose, eyes, and mouth, but I am not sure she knows that she too has those features. As she will never point to them on herself. She also likes to point at pictures of herself and say baby.
• Baby is the word of the month; she says it all the time. She loves her “babies” and has grown partial to carrying them both around at the same time!
• She still LOVES books, and has gotten a lot better at actually listening and not just hurriedly turning pages
• We have found some new favorite foods: goldfish, gogurt, blueberries, apple cinnamon cheerios, cheese of any kind, crackers, strawberries, mac and cheese, salad, ranch dressing, bleu cheese dressing, waffles, and pancakes. She also has some old favorites green beans, broccoli, and wagon wheels.
• She is starting to get pretty good at using silverware…we are getting closer at least.
• I am afraid to even type this, because I know it will jinx it, but she has been a great sleeper this month. She goes down easily, stays asleep, and wakes up in a good mood!
• She is loving her rocking horse
• Hadley has gotten better at puzzles, she at least now attempts to put the pieces in their spots; we have moved past simply banging the pieces together.
• The “Itsy, bitsy spider” has easily replaced “patty cake,” as her favorite interactive song.
• Her favorite thing to do every morning is put on her shoes and find my keys and then take them to the front door to try to unlock it…it’s pretty darn cute.
We have had a pretty fun month together! She is such a happy little girl, I am extremely lucky. Sure she has her days, she is a feisty one with a mind of her own, but at the end of the day, she is the sweetest child. I can’t wait to see what next month brings!
Droning It In
1 day ago


No comments:
Post a Comment