After a blog hiatus, we are back with tons of pictures! We had a wonderful Easter weekend! I had early release from school on Thursday, which was awesome. I met my mom at my house and we went to get Hadley from school, with the intention to do some bluebonnet pictures; however every spot we found seemed dangerous in 5 o'clock traffic- Hadley is fast and unpredictable. Instead we headed home and had dinner and relaxed. Friday was the busiest day.
We did all our grocery shopping for our Easter feast, grabbed lunch, greeted Papa James who drove in that day, all before making it to a 1:30 appointment to get Hadley's picture taken with real bunnies. I thought she would LOVE IT, but I was way wrong. Despite her two naps that day, she was a grouch. Luckily we got a few good ones, but it took a while! That poor bunny fell off her lap several times and had to endure Hadley picking it up by the ear! I am not sure if she realized it was real. After pictures we did some last minute Easter shopping and headed home.
My church encouraged regular attenders to come to the Saturday services this Easter to make room for the Easter visitors, so we knew we had that to prepare for that afternoon. That morning we got up, made breakfast, dyed Easter eggs, put together a few casseroles for Easter, and eventually got on our Easter best, took a few pictures and headed to church. We went to the first of two Saturday services, thinking it would be the least crowded; we were wrong. The church was more full than I had ever seen it, there were thousands of people there- it was crazy. I LOVED the service amd the music, it was amazing. It actually was nice to do church on Saturday. There was so much to do Sunday, and it was nice to not have to rush around to get out the door in time.
Sunday morning Hadley slept in until almost 7:30, it was an Easter miracle!! She saw what the Easter bunny brought her: 7 books, a Veggie Takes DVD, a bathing suit, a few stuffed lambs, an Easter rubber ducky, and a riding bouncer. She seemed really excited about it all! Then we headed outside to hunt eggs. We had practiced egg hunting the day before using Resurrection Eggs, which was a great way to also tell Hadley about Jesus and why we celebrate Easter. I'm sure she didn't quite understand, but it is a tradition I wanted to start! She did a great job hunting eggs, but much preferred just to run around outside. We spent the rest of the morning playing, in her new swimsuit of course, eating strawberry shortcake, and loving on Maggie. We had ham, broccoli rice casserole, bake fruit, and Parmesan asparagus for lunch, and rice crispy treats for dessert( that was something random I decided to make last minute). It was all yummy! It was just a perfect day! It was easy and stress free which is always a good thing!
Monday morning, Hadley had her 15 month check up. She was 24 pounds, the 75th percentile!! She is on track developmentally, and of course she has an ear infection! Good thing we've already started seeing an ENT! We also are going to start adding flax seed to get diet, to keep her more, ahem, regular! I tried it in her apple sauce and you couldn't even taste it!
It was a great weekend with family and a great time to reflect upon how truly amazing Jesus is. God sent his only son to die for US and our sins, it is just so remarkable when you think about it!
Droning It In
1 day ago





















No comments:
Post a Comment