CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
This blog originally was intended to be a picture of the day blog; however, it has seemed to morph into a journal of sorts, it is mostly about Hadley and her daily happenings, but since I am writing it- you get a bit of me every once in a while too. I hope you enjoy reading about our lives!

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Confessions, part 2

Usher had part 2 of his confessions, so I think it is okay if I do the same…I mean and Usher are so much alike!


Well maybe not, but I am going to continue my confessions, so here we go…

  • I've been through some drama this weekend because of this little blog, it all started during a quick run to the Gap (really cool side note here, they have named their fits of jeans HADLEY, Harper ( my next daughter’s would be name), and Audrey- how cool is that), anyway I was having a good afternoon of much needed ME TIME, and wouldn’t you know it just like that it is ruined! After some thought I am not going to make this blog private I am allowed to speak my mind. I didn't say anything untrue, so whatever!
  •  I am sorry, but we get up at 5:30, Hadley  is 16 months old and needs sleep. So it is not true to say no good parent puts their child to sleep "that early"  when they could be playing with their child. Ironically enough on my birth board for December 2010 babies, there was a thread about when babies are going to sleep and at least 30 other moms said 6-6:30 and nearly 50 said 7. It doesn’t matter, I am with Hadley all the time, I know what is best for her, I know that at 5:30 every week night it is clear she is pretty tired and often she throws fits about this time to drive that point home. 
  • Life would be much easier if people were more concerned with that are actually doing, rather than what other people think they are doing, or not doing... Do right and nothing else matters!
  •  On a much different note, I am a person that goes to a gas station every morning for a drink and snack, this has been part of my routine at all three of my schools, in three different towns, over the past seven years. I don’t know what it is, but I always develop a relationship with the attendant at my choice of station. I just love the familiarity with those people, it is almost comforting, they are like “friends,” heck I see them 5 times a week- that’s more often than I see most of my friends!
  • While I miss Hadley like mad when she is gone, I love the simplicity of doing simple task while she isn’t there. Perfect example, taking at the trash- there is actually nothing simple about that. I have a total of 7 trash cans in my apartment. I have to consolidate all of those trash cans into the big trash bag and take that down a flight of stairs and across the parking lot. I always have a hard time doing that, because it means I have to leave Hadley alone in the apartment, so I often have to do it while she is asleep (which makes noise and wakes her up), and when she isn’t there. I miss my neighbors across the way, I could leave my trash outside my door and they would take it down for me, they were AWESOME!! They took care me in lots of ways like that. I can empty the dishwasher, vacuum, change the sheets, and do laundry much faster without my little helper, but I do appreciate that she is trying to help!
  • I went to bed last night at 7. I passed up on an opportunity to be social and hangout with friends to sleep. I had a migraine and had a VERY BUSY/STRESSFUL week and I just needed to sleep; especially since I had ACT early this morning. It’s amazing how much sleep can change things. It is very rare that I get to sleep for 11 straight hours, but I did last night and it was AWESOME!!
  • I love Justin Bieber’s new song- it reminds me of that sexier and older Justin (as in Timberlake), but I will never love the Biebs nearly as much as I love JT!
  • I could live off of crackers and dr. pepper I love them both oh so much!
  • One of my students told me a story about how his goats on his property were getting attacked by wild dogs at night. Evidently the dogs just gnaw on the goats and leave them to die, it was just sad and I can’t stop thinking about it (yes, this means we are really in the country)

No comments:

Post a Comment