CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
This blog originally was intended to be a picture of the day blog; however, it has seemed to morph into a journal of sorts, it is mostly about Hadley and her daily happenings, but since I am writing it- you get a bit of me every once in a while too. I hope you enjoy reading about our lives!

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Mothers and daughters

I watch several shows that depict mothers and daughters, Joan Knows Best, Dance Moms, and most recently Shannen Says. I think any mother/ daughter pair would agrees there is something special about that relationship. I like to see how other mothers and daughter interact, and of the above shows I mentioned I think my mom and are a lot like Joan and Melissa Rivers. They are incredibly close. I think I am very fortunate to have a very good relationship with my mom. We are super close, which most of the time is a good thing! Sure there are times that this closeness cause arguments and disagreements that baffle my stepfather. Regardless of what happens in life, my mom is the first person I call in an emergency or when something good/awful/shocking happens.
Before I was pregnant I always thought I wanted boys. However, early in my pregnancy I was certain I was having a girl. I got pretty excited thinking about how awesome it was going to have a little girl that one day would be my shopping buddy, lunch partner, and hopefully as an adult my best friend! As Hadley grows into a little person it is very clear she and I have a very special relationship. We have a special way of communicating, and oddly enough share a similar sense of humor ( what does say about me?!?).
I can't speak for all moms, as a counselor I know not all kids have great relationships with their moms, but I have never once felt a shortage or love, attention, pride, concern, or involvement from my mom. I am excited to see how my relationship with my daughter grows an evolves over time. I know there will be days she "hates me." There will be days I "ruined" her life, but there will hopefully be days she calls me for advice, cries on my shoulder, asks my opinion, or picks up the phone to tell me good news. I have already experienced the joy and fulfillment of the mother/daughter relationship as a daughter, which was wonderful enough, but being a girl mom is proving to be quite fun; I'm just eternally thankful that I have such a strong role model to look towards, I have been blessed with THE BEST mom, there is no doubt about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment