CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
This blog originally was intended to be a picture of the day blog; however, it has seemed to morph into a journal of sorts, it is mostly about Hadley and her daily happenings, but since I am writing it- you get a bit of me every once in a while too. I hope you enjoy reading about our lives!

Friday, November 18, 2011

Day 317

Yesterday afternoon, Hadley and I really got some quality playing time in. She loves walking with her walker and she is getting pretty fast! She also wanted to play with the Christmas dog and snowman a lot, when they stopped she looks at me to make them start playing again. She just loves to dance to Christmas music. While I was at her school yesterday they showed me that they have a bear that sings and sure enough when they pushed it to play she started dancing, they said she does it every time…she is silly!

We read a book and a half, The Very Hungry Caterpillar and Winnie the Pooh and Tigger. She doesn’t really have the patience to be read to yet, but I try often. I had to get a few pictures of her turkey booty; everyone at daycare loved it yesterday! It was a pretty eventful day and luckily Hadley was in a pretty great mood. Lately she hasn’t been such a happy camper, this teething has been AWFUL. She is waking up about every 2 hours, sometimes more frequently and really nothing seems to help that much, we just have to ride it out I suppose. I am just glad she doesn’t seem to be so fussy during the day the last couple of days, because fussy days AND nights really wears me out.

We are really about to get into the holiday spirit around here. Hadley is going to have her first picture with Santa tomorrow, then Sunday we are doing Christmas card/birthday pictures, then we get ready for Thanksgiving, then Thursday night I plan to decorate for Christmas. Last time this year I was in a funk, I was on bed rest, my marriage was almost completely fallen apart, and I had been living alone, but I still loved the holiday season. This year life is MUCH better. I am happy, Hadley is happy, and I am SO excited to experience her first Thanksgiving and Christmas with her!!





Thanksgiving Challenge Day 17: Friends with kids

I am thankful friends with kids. As a recent play date has reinforced to me it, it is a great thing when you and your friend can catch up, while your children play. I am hoping there are several play dates in Hadley’s future. She has “friends” here in the DFW, and of course her friend Landon in Humble. More than having a play date, friends with kids just “get it.” They have been there before and make me feel at ease when things are not so perfect. My friends without kids are great too, don’t get me wrong, it just nice to know people that have had similar experiences, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment