CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
This blog originally was intended to be a picture of the day blog; however, it has seemed to morph into a journal of sorts, it is mostly about Hadley and her daily happenings, but since I am writing it- you get a bit of me every once in a while too. I hope you enjoy reading about our lives!

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Day 330

The first day back to “the real world” after a holiday is always tough. Hadley usually has a harder time than usual seeing me leave when I drop her off at daycare or she is extra clingy. Then I get to work and have all kinds of things to “catch up” on. I knew that the remainder of this semester would be extra busy anyway. Many college applications are due in the month of December, so I am filling out all kinds of counselor recommendations, sending test scores and transcripts, and a just a slave to seniors in general. On top of that we are preparing for next semester, which means cleaning up schedule changes now. I spent a lot of time yesterday afternoon printing schedules to go out to every student so that they can find mistakes now rather than January- at least that is the plan. So it is pretty busy around here, and to be honest I love it. I love chaos, I love being busy, and most of all I love helping my kids get their life plans together. I am truly blessed to LOVE my job.

As I mentioned in yesterday’s post, Hadley got a pair of Ugg style boots last week, and every time she wears them she gets tons of compliments (you can see below just how cute she looked in both outfits she wore yesterday). I have also mentioned how much Hadley loves my friend and co-worker Shawn (ALL babies love Shawn and Shawn LOVES babies!), well last night Shawn’s oldest daughter Chandler got her hands on Hadley and Hadley loves her too-must be something in the genes. She just goes right to both of them and lets them hold her and never fusses, it is awesome.

On a completely unrelated note, this morning as I was driving to work, Kidd Kraddick has already started doing KISSmas wishes (which is where someone calls in and wants to help out someone in their life provide a Christmas or something along those lines to someone who otherwise would be unable to). It really got me thinking. Occasionally I have moments where I feel like I am spinning my wheels, or that things are just SO HARD, or the very seldom pity party- listening this morning, really made me realize I have so many blessings in my life. I have a roof over my head and somehow every month I am able to meet both Hadley’s and my basic needs and even sometimes some of our wants. It just really hit my heart hard, it is so easy to pine for things we don’t have, but a lot harder to stop and be thankful for all the things we take for granted (a car, a house, electricity, food, Christmas presents, health insurance, car insurance, etc). So today, I am turning over a new leaf, no longer will I dwell on what I do not have or how seemingly difficult things are in my life- I am going to focus on how lucky I am to have the things and people in my life that I am so blessed to have. I am hoping this can be a life change and not just a swept up in the season of Thanksgiving/Christmas change.

No comments:

Post a Comment