CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
This blog originally was intended to be a picture of the day blog; however, it has seemed to morph into a journal of sorts, it is mostly about Hadley and her daily happenings, but since I am writing it- you get a bit of me every once in a while too. I hope you enjoy reading about our lives!

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Day 305

Thanksgiving Challenge Day 6:

A happy easy baby

I had a difficult pregnancy in the last three months. My blood pressure was out of control and I was ultimately on bed rest for a pretty long time. When all that was going on, I was often told that I would probably have an easy baby since I had been through so much. As it turns out, that is absolutely how the cards were dealt. I think easy is a relative term- she doesn’t sleep through the night, and can fight sleep like a prize winning fighter, BUT she is one of the happiest babies you will ever meet. I mean I could NOT do this all alone if she weren’t so easy. Sure there are days that are stressful, but really they aren’t that often. She is such an affectionate, sweet little girl. I think Hadley in so many ways is the biggest blessing I have ever received. From the moment she was born, she was faced with a lot of stress, being in the NIC-U, being with me while I got a 24 hour magnesium drip and she was AWESOME, everyone noticed it. She is truly something special, not that I am biased!





Today was a pretty eventful day. I was fairly busy all day, I had to fill in for my assistant principal in some ARDs, and so I didn’t even get lunch until 2. Today I am starting as a homebound teacher for one of my seniors that has sickle cell anemia. It was a great opportunity that fell into my lap. It will get me a little extra money (which these days I DESPARATELY need) and also gives me the chance to teach again. I will be seeing her twice a week for two hours at a time. I had to do it this way because the daycare closes at 6:30, so I have to get Hadley before then. It makes for a long day, and it means I don’t get a lot of time with Hadley, which really hit me harder than I expected tonight, but it is just one of those things I think I need to do to support my child, a parental sacrifice.

Tonight we worked on a lot of Algebra, which I was so thankful I have always been fairly strong at math-with of course the exception of horrid geometry, and ended our time with Beowulf (which is not my favorite, but I’ll take it). It went pretty well, I actually really liked to be in a “teaching” position again, so hopefully this goes well.

*Warning, the next paragraph is not for the weak stomach***

When I finally got to Hadley she was one of only three babies left. She seemed really worn out. Her teacher, who by the way was one of my seniors, last year, said she didn’t really seem like eating, which worried me a bit. When we got home she still didn’t seem to terribly interest in eating, but I convinced her to eat some apple sauce (she rejected bananas, prunes, and cauliflower). She had her bath and seemed really tired. So I gave her a bottle (even though she had 8ozs only an hour prior at daycare-this important to note I think). She took a few ounces and started to settle to sleep. She was tossing and turning a lot, and finally lifted her head looked at me a vomited all over me. I quickly took her towards the bathroom to attempt to clean her (and myself quite frankly) off. In the process she proceeded to vomit again, this time all in my hair. I am really lucky that I am not squeamish, in fact this didn’t faze me at all, nor did it faze Hadley. She didn’t have fever and seemed to feel just fine. I am thinking perhaps she was overfed and is teething pretty bad.

We both got cleaned off and went straight to bed.

Tomorrow is one year from the date I was put on bed rest, it is crazy to think about my life then compared to now….



Here is Hadley!

No comments:

Post a Comment