CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
This blog originally was intended to be a picture of the day blog; however, it has seemed to morph into a journal of sorts, it is mostly about Hadley and her daily happenings, but since I am writing it- you get a bit of me every once in a while too. I hope you enjoy reading about our lives!

Monday, November 7, 2011

Day 302-303

This weekend Hadley and I made a visit down to Humble. I had a friend in need of some baby clothes and just needed some time with my mom, so I took a half day on Friday and we headed down. It was such a great weekend. I had breakfast with Tara, Landon, and Janelle on Saturday. It was nice to see Tara and catch up and of course see Landon who is so freaking adorable I can’t even stand it. At breakfast Hadley happily helped herself to my entire helping of refried beans, I mean she just went to town! After breakfast we went to see another friend Lorin and passed on some of Hadley’s clothes to her beautiful twin girls (being a mom is ALL about sharing and caring).

The rest of the day mom and I ran around town. We got the stuff to make Hadley’s Christmas tutu and part of her birthday outfit. We also ran by Party City to plan what we would need for decorations and such for her party. Hadley’s first birthday is going to be very low key. Mommy is broke and Hadley won’t remember it, but I will put together a nice little something.

The rest of the afternoon we played with Hadley, she is such a ham. She has started imitating anything you do. My mom was making a sound like she was clearing her throat and Hadley tried really hard to do it. Once she mastered it and saw that is made us laugh she kept doing it. She also started pretending to be a monster, the EXACT same way I have done to her. It was just a riot, she would mimic EVERYTHING. Note to self, this is time I need to start watching what I say…WE had spaghetti for dinner. Hadley had some pasta and bits of meat ball. She loves spaghetti sauce!!!

The next morning, she finally had scrambled eggs (just the yokes, as per recommendations) and toast. She liked both. I am really trying to start the table food with her. She is sort of interested in feeding herself, so I just follow her lead. I know we need to move towards table food exclusively, but she just isn’t ready yet. However, her second tooth is making its appearance. I am looking forward to Thanksgiving, because I really want her to try all the delicious foods that seem to come along with the holiday.

Overall it was a near perfect weekend. Hadley was an angel, she slept great, was AMAZING on the car ride BOTH ways, and just was incredibly fun to be around, and of course it is always nice to have a weekend with family, it really makes me look forward to the holidays!



Continuing on with the Thanksgiving Challenge:

3. Great place to work
If you have never worked in a place that wasn’t so great, you might not understand how REFRESHING it is to live in a place that you love. From day one, I could my school was unlike any place I had EVER worked. When I was put on bed rest, people that barely knew (since I had only been there a few months at the time) rallied around me in a way, that former principals that I worked several years for wouldn’t. This school is really like a family. Family comes first here and everyone helps each other out, especially when it comes to a sick kid or spouse. I really do love my job, and look forward to coming to work every day. This job has really given me back the enjoyment and fulfillment I have always wanted from a job in education.

4. Bible study
I am thankful for my bible study. It is a pretty small group of ladies. We are all moms of little ones, but I have the littlest one. It has been great on so many levels, one it has made me get out my bible weekly and really get into the word. It has also been a great place for ideas (as I have posted about before), advice, and really just as a sounding board. Since having Hadley I am all about gathering as much information as I can. Being in a group of fellow moms (including the three mentoring moms, with older kids), has really inspired me to grow and change as a mom. I am so concerned with how to raise Hadley in her faith. I was raised by a Christian mom, but we weren’t church people. I went to church with a friend and eventually my mom went with me, but I wasn’t “raised in the church.” This is really important for me to do for Hadley. I want her to be grounded in her faith, I want it to be a huge part of her life, and this bible study has really opened my heart and my eyes on how to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment