CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
This blog originally was intended to be a picture of the day blog; however, it has seemed to morph into a journal of sorts, it is mostly about Hadley and her daily happenings, but since I am writing it- you get a bit of me every once in a while too. I hope you enjoy reading about our lives!

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Day 316

Thanksgiving Challenge Day 16: Great doctors and Hadley’s and my health

In the past year and a half I have been thankful for such great doctors. I have really had to rely on doctors a lot in the past year, between Hadley and I, we are at the doctor a lot. I am extremely thankful for doctors that know who we are, doctors that have gone above and beyond for us. My OBGYN was an absolute GODSEND through my pregnancy and the months following and to top it off she and her nurse practitioner both go to our church so we see them all the time. All things considered I am thankful that Hadley and I are both in good health, sure there are hiccups along the way, but for the most part we are both healthy.

I just returned from Hadley’s Thanksgiving feast. As I have said several times, it is really important for me to do these things with her. I know she isn’t one and doesn’t understand what Thanksgiving or a feast is, but she can understand that I am there with her and that is special. I got there a little bit early and spent some time playing with Hadley in her classroom. One thing I love about her school is that they don’t seem to mind me being there. I walked right in and plopped down on the floor with Hadley and the other kids. Most of them were napping, but to no surprise of mine, Hadley was not. She hasn’t been a fan of the sleeping these days- no not at all. While we were playing Hadley’s teacher told me that Hadley tends to play with the boys a lot more than the girls. I guess she doesn’t see males that often and I have noticed sometimes she reacts to men more than women. I wonder if I should be concerned about that. I just hope that by the time she is old enough there is a strong male influence in her life, because I know what dad issues can do to a girl, I know way too well, but that is for another time…

Anyway, we headed down to the cafeteria and ate with the “big kids.” I handed Hadley over to Ms. Amanda while I made our plate, because really Hadley LOVES her. I piled our plate high with turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans and mac and cheese. When I went to go get Hadley she didn’t really want to come to me-talk about a dagger STRAIGHT TO MY HEART!! It makes me feel guilty on a level I can’t even begin to talk about, but why waste time feeling guilty- someone has to provide a life for Hadley and I , and last I checked I was the only one attempting to do that, so I have to work, which means she has to go to day care. I am just going to choose to be happy Hadley is at a place with people that adore her and that she adores right back.

Hadley could not get enough mashed potatoes, oh my she loved them. She also surprisingly liked green beans. She has never been much on pureed green beans, but cut em up and let her feed herself- she gobbled them down. She liked ham, turkey, and pumpkin pie too. She really impressed me, I can’t wait to see her eat the Thanksgiving meal I will be preparing, because yes that’s right I am making Thanksgiving dinner all by myself for my parents. I have made a turkey before and I made Christmas dinner by myself nine months pregnant last year, so this should be pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment