Many blogs I follow are doing the 30 days of Thanksgiving, I am a bit late, so I am going to include in my daily posts one thing I am thankful for between now and Thanksgiving.
1. My parents
So here we go, today more than any other day I am thankful for my parents. When I say parents, I am meaning my mom, my dad, and my step dad, just so we are clear. Words cannot express how GRATEFUL I am for how much those three people have done for me, and even more for than that how much they have helped me grow as a person. This past year, has been really rough, it seems that anything that could have gone wrong did, and when I was at the end up my rope, my parents were there to pick me up and brush me off. It some cases it meant driving from Humble to Dallas in the wee hours of the night, but not once did they hesitate to do so. In life I have learned at the end of the day, I can ALWAYS count on my family- no matter the cost, no matter the stakes, no matter what. Hadley and I are blessed beyond measure to have such amazing parents and grandparents.
I have to give special mention to my mom, who I am fairly certain would do ANYTHING for Hadley and me. She has gone far above and beyond the call of duty several times. I am thankful for all values she instilled in me, all her guidance to get me where I am today, and most importantly modeling for me what it is to be a good mother. If I am half the mom to Hadley, that my mom has been to me, I will be happy!
As for what’s been going on around here, yesterday was a day. Hadley screamed the entire drive from the house to daycare, that’s about 25 minutes. She passed out the moment we pulled into daycare- it was crazy, I thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown. On top of that, I was late and my assistant principal took away the sign in sheet before I got there, so I got reprimanded for not “signing in,” yes I am a professional with a master’s degree and I have to sign in-crazy, huh?
At bible study I got paged out of my class because Hadley “had a runny diaper.” Seriously? It leaked on her pants and super mom here, forgot to pack and extra pair of pants, so she was just in a shirt. They also told me she had a diaper rash, but they could not put diaper rash cream on her, which was fine because I also forgot that too- it just wasn’t our night. So I went back to my class prepared to leave, but the leader took Hadley and I was able to stay- it was SUPER nice. Honestly, I would have been upset that I had driven 25 minutes to church only to stay for 30, plus I really look forward to bible study each week. Last night we talked about quiet time; finding time to pray, do a bible study, to really hone in on time with Jesus. I used to be so much better about this, but since Hadley has come, it has been harder to dedicate the time, mostly because I am so drained, but I need to carve out the time- because it really and truly is more important than some of the things I spend my free time doing-watching TV, facebooking, blogging, etc.
Droning It In
1 day ago




No comments:
Post a Comment