CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
This blog originally was intended to be a picture of the day blog; however, it has seemed to morph into a journal of sorts, it is mostly about Hadley and her daily happenings, but since I am writing it- you get a bit of me every once in a while too. I hope you enjoy reading about our lives!

Monday, November 14, 2011

Day 309-311

Thanksgiving Challenge:

Day 10-Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper- I couldn’t get though the day without it. I have to have one every morning, it my version of coffee, I also typically need to have one when I get home each day. Oddly enough, at lunch I prefer to have a fountain coke, but that is a different story for a different time ( I am thankful for fountain coke too).

Day 11-Kidd Kraddick in the Morning

I love KKITM way more than a person should. This is my main source of news (who am I kidding, my ONLY source of news), gossip, and entertainment each morning. I not only listen every morning, but most likely talk to someone about something on that show every day. I really love Kelli Rasberry, she and I have much in common. I really love ‘em all. I guess I am thankful I have a 25 minute drive every morning so that I actually get to listen for a while (that plus it is on in my bathroom from the time I get up to when we walk out of the house).

Day 12- Jean days and Flush the Format

Every week I look forward to Friday, not just because the weekend is here, but because I can wear jeans to work. After working in Athens, a district that didn’t get the gloriousness of a jean day, I am SO thankful to be in a place that observes this weekly occurrence. It makes it A LOT easier to get out of bed on Friday knowing I get to wear jeans and knowing Flush the Format will be on Kidd Kraddick in the Morning…you know sometimes it is the little things.



This weekend was a good one, but went by way too quickly. Friday afternoon when we got home, with some help from Hadley, I made her Christmas tutu. We are having Christmas card pictures made soon and she will need her holiday tutu, because no photo shoot for Hadley is complete without one. As I was rocking Hadley to sleep Friday night, her stomach evidently was upset, because yet again, she puked all over me- it was NOT pleasant. I won’t elaborate. She fell right back to sleep, but had a pretty restless night.

Saturday, we dealt with teething all day, so I decided it would be a stay in our pjs kinda day. We played a lot, and she napped a few times, which was nice too. I started getting out some Christmas stuff and found a jingle bell necklace; Hadley went crazy for that thing. She loves to shake it while simultaneously shaking her body. She’s got the music in her, I tell you. We also spent a significant amount of time playing with her baby doll and stroller. She is such a girly girl- she loves all the typical girl stuff already. I can’t get over how much a 10 month old loves playing with a doll; I also love that her favorite thing to do to said doll is stick her finger in its eye! She is doing a great job of walking with the stroller, which is its purpose, and is starting to go from a sitting to standing position all by herself, without pulling up on anything, so we are getting dangerously close to walking!!!

Saturday evening, I finally got to enjoy my chili that had been cooking in the crock pot all day- it was so good! I don’t care if it was almost 80 degrees outside; chili is good ALL the time. I am protesting this unseasonably warm weather. It is NOVEMBER for goodness sakes. I am going to dress myself and Hadley accordingly, half the fun of fall is fall clothes!! Before bed Hadley played some more. I was finally able to catch on film one of her favorite pastimes- crawling under things that aren’t meant to be crawled under, in this case her exersaucer. She loves to try to get underneath anything- this could be problematic later in life…

Sunday we were up and at ‘em to get ready for church. We got ready, gave Hadley her oatmeal with a side of Tylenol for those darn teeth, and headed out the door. Church today was great- they are doing a series called the After Party, talking about what happens after we die, and today’s topic was Hell. That doesn’t sound like it would be a good or inspiring message, but it was. Next week is about Heaven, I am sure it will be a tad more uplifting. After church we headed home to change and relax for a bit before heading out to meet Camille for lunch.

I hadn’t seen Camille in nearly a month, so it was nice to catch up. Hadley had to dress to impress in her new zebra leg warmers. We had a good time and Hadley was mostly good, which was a relief to me! Camille’s mom Linda sent Hadley a gift, a new bow- a huge red flower on a green headband, PERFECT for Christmas, be looking out for that on our Christmas cards!!!

When we got home Hadley quickly fell asleep after her bath , so I got to catch up on some DVR…Overall a pretty great weekend! It is nice to have weekends with nothing to do, especially when Hadley isn’t feeling too great. The next few weekends I am sure will be busy-getting ready for the holidays and Hadley’s birthday and spending time with family and friends, which will be wonderful too. This weekend really leaves me feeling so supremely blessed with a gorgeous, happy baby and awesome family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment