Day 321-329
I took off a day, so that I could have the whole week of Thanksgiving off, minus the few hours I worked on Monday. It was a nice week and I got to spend lots of quality time with my mom and Hadley which was really nice. We did a lot, and we really didn’t do that much if that makes any sense…
Here is our week in bullets, plus lots of pictures at the end!
• Hadley met Santa, and can now recognize any Santa figure (example if you ask her were Santa is, she can find him)
• While she can’t actually say Ho, ho, ho; she can say “Oh, oh, oh…” it’s pretty darn cute
• We officially are off purees, Hadley eats what I eat- this has included calm chowder, mashed potatoes, shrimp, ham, turkey, dressing, sweet potatoes, pumpkin pie and cool whip, and lots more
• I made my first Thanksgiving dinner mostly by myself. I did the turkey, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, spinach casserole, sweet potato and apple casserole, and pumpkin pie while mom made the dressing and gravy
• I completely have decorated for Christmas, the tree is behind the tv in hope it WON”T get pulled down!
• I have brought and wrapped most of Hadley’s Christmas presents (unless I see an awesome deal on cyber Monday)
• We celebrated my mom’s birthday-she got a photo book I made on Shutterfly, for a ridiculously low price (don’t worry mom is glad I didn’t spend a fortune!)
• Hadley and Maggie did some bonding. Hadley loves to follow Maggie, while Maggie is on cleanup duty while Hadley eats!
• Hadley took several steps several times (ok, really like 3-5, but that is more than a couple)
• Hadley got her first pair of Ugg style boots (from Payless, because I am not spending large amounts of money on baby shoes)
• The Aggies played tu for the last time in who knows how long, while the time ran out before we were done playing, it was a good game, and the Cowboys won, so it wasn’t a totally bad day football wise
• I got Hadley’s teachers their Christmas gifts, nothing big, but cute none the less.
• We took pictures for Christmas cards and Hadley’s 1st birthday
• Hadley threw up a lot on Thanksgiving- but it was only formula-weird!
• We are trying to use the sippy cup more often, I try to introduce milk, but it wasn’t well received.
• I bought a pack of those Huggies Santa diapers; they’re cute but not as cute as I was hoping.
• It was nice to not have to work for a whole week and to be home with Hadley, but I am also ready to get back- I know it is going to be a BUSY three weeks, but at least our days will be a bit more scheduled- I am pretty sure it will be hard on both of us tomorrow morning, when I drop her off at daycare.
• Hadley has a fascination with anything I am drinking- sonic cups and Dr Pepper can, especially. So she loves to carry around closed/cold DP cans and suck on them (I am saying this so when you see the pictures below it doesn’t look like I am giving my 10 month old DP!)
• I CAN’T WAIT to introduce Hadley to everything that is Christmas!!!
And finally, it is time to complete the Thanksgiving Challenge: Days 21-24
21. The changes parenting has had on me personally
I am thankful today for the way being a parent has changed me. I look at myself today and see myself as a different person. I mean essentially I am the same, but there have been some modifications. For one, I think being a mom has mellowed me out; I don’t get worked up nearly as easily or as often. I am A LOT more laid back than I used to be and A LOT more laid back as a mom than I EVER expected to be. I also think it has made me appreciate the people in my life a lot more. I have some pretty great people in my life and before Hadley I think I have taken that for granted. I feel like I have become better at investing time in important relationships…yes I have less time, but I feel like I have a desire to make connections with the important people in more life more often than I once did. I think being a mom has pushed me to be the BEST version of myself I can be, because after all I have a little set of eyes watching me all the time and I want to be someone she can look up to and respect.
22. Blogging
Blogging has been an invaluable outlet for me. My original intent was simply to chronicle the daily happenings of Hadley’s life, but it really has evolved from that. It is a way for friends and family to know what is going on, it has become a sort of journal if you will. I have started sharing more of me, which some people might not care too much about, but I don’t do this blog for anyone but me (and Hadley). I love that having this blog and knowing that at least three people read it holds me accountable to sit and reflect upon each day. Even if it is just a mundane retelling of the day’s events, it is a great way to remember what I have done, where I have been, and how I have felt.
23. The internet
The internet- OH. MY. GOODNESS. Everything is on the internet. If I don’t know something I can find an answer in no time. The internet is so important to me in my job. Within seconds I can look up admission requirements, application deadlines, and find where to mail transcripts. In my personal life, I can connect to friends; prove a friend wrong on who is singing this song, find answers to any question I could ever have about Hadley. Sure ANYTHING can be put on the internet, but I have a brain to discern fact from fiction, but goodness I sure do rely on Google at least 4 times a day.
24. A daycare that loves my baby
From the moment Hadley started school at the Methodist Day School, I have never had to worry about her. Sure there have been days I have had gripes and complaints, but one thing is for sure that school LOVES my child. I don’t know what happened or what she did, but she has won over every teacher at that school. They call her Miss Prissy Pants there, and it is a fitting name; it is precious that EVERYONE knows her by that name. If there is anything concerning I know they will call me right away, I am so thankful that I can leave her somewhere while I work and not have to worry if she is being taken care of. I am incredibly thankful for all of her teachers that really and truly know Hadley, they know her quirks, they know how she operates, they just get her- which I guess seeing her 8 hours a day five days a week, they should. They are going to start teaching the babies sign language soon and I am pretty excited to see how that goes. Bottom line, I know that if I can’t be with Hadley every day, that I want her to be in a place that she feels loves and I am confident that she gets that there. I know I personally loved my day care experience as a child, and hope that Hadley will grow up and have the same feelings, because me staying at home, just isn’t an option for us!
Droning It In
1 day ago

















No comments:
Post a Comment