Let’s start with today’s item I am thankful for,
Day 7: Working so close to daycare
I am very thankful that Hadley is literally 2 minutes from my school at all times. I can go give her medicine, be at her fall festivals, I can get her at a moment’s notice. It just makes it so much easier knowing that if anything were to happen I can be there almost immediately. This is especially true now that I am doing homebound teaching twice a week. Luckily the student’s home, my school, and day care are all within a 2 minute stretch. I would not be able to do the extra things if I didn’t work so close to daycare.
Today was kind of a blur. I was busy at work, I know- but I can’t even remember what I did all day. I did make sure to leave right at 3:45, because I have been feeling so disconnected from Hadley. We are always on the go and I just feel like we haven’t had much of a chance for any quality time. I was supposed to go to bible study tonight, but I just felt like Hadley needed me at home, so I made the decision not to go. We played for a little bit, but Hadley seemed really tired- I think this time change has really thrown her off, she isn’t napping, but she is ready for bed at 5:45 the last few nights. After I convinced her to eat some pears, I gave her a quick bath and got her ready for bed. She was out pretty quickly. As I laid her down, she rolled to her side and threw up. I picked her up and took her to the sink to wipe her off and change her clothes; she threw up a little more, but quickly fell back asleep and slept pretty well the entire night. I don’t know what is going on. She doesn’t have a fever, isn’t acting like she doesn’t feel well, I just don’t know. This is night two of this, so I am calling the doctor in the morning and hopefully she can give us some answers. I am pretty positive it is the stomach bug that is going around, but I want to make sure. That doctor sure must love us, I feel like we are there all the time. I just rather be safe than sorry and since she is in daycare and the church nursery during the week, she is exposed to a lot, and with that hand, foot, mouth disease floating around- I just feel a little panicked. Although I have researched that and she doesn’t have any symptoms of that, so I think we are in the clear.
Since she wasn’t feeling so hot, I only managed to snap a picture this morning of her in a pair of new jammies. I am ready for the weekend so we can just relax and hopefully Hadley will kick whatever this is!
Droning It In
1 day ago


No comments:
Post a Comment