CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
This blog originally was intended to be a picture of the day blog; however, it has seemed to morph into a journal of sorts, it is mostly about Hadley and her daily happenings, but since I am writing it- you get a bit of me every once in a while too. I hope you enjoy reading about our lives!

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Day 142

Today was the last day of school, well for the students anyway. I love the last day of school- it's always something you can feel in the air; like I posted on my Facebook today, it just makes me think of Dazed and Confused and the craziness that ensues after everyone has their freedom. I also love how teachers love to come together and celebrate the end of the year. This is Josh's weekend to have the baby, so I was able to go to lunch/happy hour with a few of the people I have truly enjoyed working with. This year was a rough one for me, I was on bed rest/maternity leave for nearly three months, so I missed opportunities to really build relationships with my co-workers, but there really are some awesome people at my school that I consider friends, so I am blessed there. It's always hard to be away from Hadley, but I also know that those times I don't have it her it is really important for me to do social things...it's what keeps me sane I think; a way of sort of recharging for another two week period of being the sole caregiver to the light of my life. I am really looking forward to my first summer in 3 years of not working or going to school (or worse doing both). I am super excited about being home with Hadley for over a month- I can't even begin to tell you. I am equally excited that I am in a place where I don't HAVE to work- that truly is a GREAT feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment