The past few nights have been a NIGHTMARE! They both have gone pretty much the same. Hadley appears REALLY tired as in is so tired she can barely stay awake in during her bath. So I quickly bathe her and get her dressed for bed and within 20 minutes she is passed out. So I put her down and go about my usual nighttime routine: read my daily devotional, eat a snack, read a chapter in my book, catch up on some tv (pretty exciting, right?). So about an hour into her sleep, Hadley wakes up, and it isn’t as if she just wakes up, she wakes up ANGRY. As in screaming and kicking and throwing a full blown tantrum. She doesn’t want to be held, she doesn’t want to be in her crib, she doesn’t want ANYTHING. I can’t find anything that will make her happy. I try singing, listening to Adele, watching TV, reading, a snack, a drink- NOTHING. She just wants to scream like a crazy person and throw herself about on the floor and occasionally get up and run up and down the hall.
This goes on for a good two and half hours before she eventually just passes out. It is the worst thing I have ever experienced. I am sure my neighbors think I am torturing her, she just screams and cries and it is awful. Ultimately I end up crying, because there I am helpless, I can’t figure out what is wrong; I can’t find what anything to soothe her. I think a lot of it is teething, but no amount of Tylenol or other teething remedies seems to make anything better. She gets pretty violent- pulls my hair, bangs her head on furniture, the floor, her crib, anything really. She just has a fiery hot temper that worries me. I just see lots of battles in which she take the stance that “nobody tells me what to do,” and I can tell you exactly where she gets that… I just hope that tonight goes better.
It hurts my heart to see her so upset and there is literally NOTHING I can do about it. I feel like it is a big test, one that I am failing miserably, but this too shall pass, right????
Here are some pictures I took before the meltdown, enjoying blueberries for dessert and singing the “itsy, bitsy spider.”
Droning It In
1 day ago





No comments:
Post a Comment