Tonight was scholarship night for our seniors. This has been a night months in the making. I love this night because it is a time to recognize all the outstanding seniors. Leading up to tonight, I started to get sad realizing I was really going to miss these kids. I adored the seniors last year, but was only there for the their final year. I have worked with this class for two full years, and I gotta tell you they are an amazing bunch of kids. I started getting teary eyed tonight as I realized that soon they would be gone, out in the world doing amazing things.
Imagine my shock and surprise as after our valedictorian was named he called me to the podium. Several seniors chipped in and got me a little gift, but more touching was the card with all the sweet notes. I am not one that seeks recognition, in fact it almost embarrasses me to get it, but it truly warms my heart to know that I had a small part in making a difference for these kids, because that is the greatest joy of my job- helping kids. I am beyond to lucky to have the best job ever!!!
PS, I know it was especially difficult for my several longhorn students to actually purchase an Aggie gift for me, that says something right there!!!
Droning It In
1 day ago



No comments:
Post a Comment