CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
This blog originally was intended to be a picture of the day blog; however, it has seemed to morph into a journal of sorts, it is mostly about Hadley and her daily happenings, but since I am writing it- you get a bit of me every once in a while too. I hope you enjoy reading about our lives!

Monday, May 14, 2012

Mothers' Day Weekend

This weekend didn't go exactly as I had planned. Friday Hadley and I drove into Humble, it took longer than usual on account of Hadley not being too happy and an accident that had us in standstill traffic.

Saturday morning we journeyed over to my dad's for his birthday we spent several hours visiting with my dad and it was nice. We headed back to my mom's and then headed back out to get my mom's mother day gift- portraits of the three of us. Several hours later we had some great pictures, but it was QUITE the experience. We had a delicious dinner Saturday night and went to bed without any excitement.

Mothers' day Hadley actually slept past 7, it was great. We got up had breakfast, opened gifts ( I got the Pioneer Woman cookbooks!!!) and within an hour I started feeling awful. It didn't take long for me to realize I wasn't going to be able to drive home, heck I could barely get off the couch. My chrons disease was flaring up big time; it was very painful! While it wasn't the best mothers' day for me, it made me extremely thankful for my mom. She didn't even hesitate to take over Hadley duty while I took up camp on the bathroom floor! It was awful, but it made it so much easier knowing my mom was there to take care of my baby.

While I'm not back to 100% I am feeling a lot better. We made the drive home in good time, which was great. So now I am gearing up for scholarship night Thursday. Hopefully I make it through this week without any awful flare ups!

No comments:

Post a Comment