CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
This blog originally was intended to be a picture of the day blog; however, it has seemed to morph into a journal of sorts, it is mostly about Hadley and her daily happenings, but since I am writing it- you get a bit of me every once in a while too. I hope you enjoy reading about our lives!

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Looooooong sigh

This week has gone by really quickly, until today. I think I've been on a bit of a high lately. Lots of things has been going my way and I've just felt really happy. Today I just feel like it's all starting to fall apart. Nothing specifically happened, I guess the "high" is over. I don't know I'm not really an optimist, so perhaps I am at the point of thinking it is all too good to be true. Evidently I have a hard time trusting people, and that is new. I've always been extremely trusting almost to a fault, and I guess here in the aftermath of my marriage it appears that is just something else I've lost- even when there is no reason not to trust a person or situation, my mind goes a million miles a minute with what if's...I DO NOT like it.

There were a lot of things not so great about today. My plans have been changed and I don't like that, and I spent my morning talking to about 10 seniors that most likely will not graduate. The same 10 seniors I have been chasing after all year, and you know what they don't care or they don't seem to get it. One is pregnant and really should get it, but doesn't. It crushes my heart to see such apathetic young adults. I mean I am just at a loss of what to do...it makes ME feel like a failure, but my logic tells me I can't make them care.

In totally unrelated news, Hadley had blueberry pancakes and fresh blueberries for dinner last nigh and she loved it. Today she wore a dress to school and was adorable. Also we have crickets in the apartment, evidently....they are freakin loud all night and I can't find them to remove them from my house...it's not a good situation.

One of my favorite students and a very talented artist, gave me a painting today for "all my help" this year. I am not one in it for recognition or anything, but it was nice and it's a beautiful painting...

So ready for the weekend...scratch that ready for summer!!! I'm signing Hadley up for a mom and tot swim class tomorrow. It's two weeks, but I am just excited to get her in the water, she loved the pool last year and she was only a wee little baby- I anticipate everything will be more fun this summer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment