It's funny this time in years past school would have already been in session at least one week, yet here we are on the eve of the first day of school. I always love the first day of a school, it's a new beginning, I suppose it is part of being in education. As a teacher I always remember the shy faces of brand new 7th graders- I had to work to get them to talk. As a counselor it isn't exactly the same, they come to me usually unhappy. They didn't any class with their BFF, they didn't want to take such and such class, or they heard their physics teacher was super hard and want to change. It is stressful you fest few days, but in a way it is good. A lot of kids come in my office this is my chance to tie face with a name for those I don't already know.
This weekend was busy, but low key. I had a little bit of shopping, working out napping,went to church, met up with Farrah for mani/pedi, had lunch at Gloria's and started the third Fifty Shades book; so a pretty good weekend. Tomorrow the kids come back and it's back to reality! Here's to a great school year!
Hadley has fallen in love with my electric toothbrush! Who am I to stand in the way of dental hygiene?!?!
Droning It In
1 day ago






No comments:
Post a Comment