The week days as of late just seem like a blur. We wake up rush around to get out the door and to school/work on time. After I drop Hadley off I work until 4ish and try to make it to the gym, I like to get an hour in, so I try to be out at 5. I get Hadley come home get her a drink and a sometimes a snack. She always wants to watch Dora as soon as we get home, so I let her and this is the time I get dinner ready, change into comfy clothes and sometimes just sit on the couch for a few moments. Then we eat dinner, color, play for a bit, take a bath, and get ready for bed. Sometimes that happens quickly, sometimes Hadley decides she doesn't want to sleep...
I am struggling with the idea that we don't get a lot of quality time. We play for a bit every day and have snuggle and reading time every night, and of course every other weekend we get lots of time together. I think it is just the reality of summer being over. I have the luxury of not having to work for about 6 weeks in the summer, which is nice, but also leaves me missing the quality time we once had. I guess this is the age old dilemma of the working mom. It is important for Hadley to go to school to be with peers, and I love going to work, but I just hope I'm doing the best I can do to make the most of our time together. I know I could not go to the gym and get Hadley earlier, but I enjoy it and anything I can do to keep healthy benefits her. Maybe I'm being too hard on myself. I know my child is happy, and I know she feels loved and cared for and that's all that matter...but that mom guilt just won't SHUT UP!!!
Droning It In
1 day ago




No comments:
Post a Comment