CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
This blog originally was intended to be a picture of the day blog; however, it has seemed to morph into a journal of sorts, it is mostly about Hadley and her daily happenings, but since I am writing it- you get a bit of me every once in a while too. I hope you enjoy reading about our lives!

Monday, August 13, 2012

The good life

On my drive home today I was thinking about life. Sure it would be easy to gripe and moan about the hard parts or the unfair parts, and let's be honest I do occasionally do that. However today when I glanced back in the rearview mirror and saw my beautiful daughter smiling at me and realized how lucky we are.

I think back to only two years ago, everything was a struggle, I worked multiple jobs to make ends meet and it just was never enough. I wasn't miserable or anything, but I was tired and knew life had to get better, preferably the sooner the better. Now I work one job, and I am so lucky to work at a school that is so family focused. It truly has been the best place I ever worked and that in of itself makes all the difference. I am able to have everything Hadley and I need and even some things we don't need.

I have a church that I love and even though it is large through serving and bible studies I really feel connected. I want this to be the church Hadley grows up in. I have a daycare that lives my child almost as much as I do- really every teacher there goes above and beyond to do all the extra things she requires from the moment she walks in...for instance she has to start every morning with a hug and Ms. Heather does that every single day!!

I have the unwavering support of my patents, all three of them. I am taking emotional support, if I need help or need to vent they are there, as are my amazing friends.

I go through phased where I only see the negative in things, sometimes it feels that is easier to do, but if I just take one step back, it isn't hard to see how lucky I am. I get to share everyday with an incredible little girl, that is the biggest blessing I ever could have dreamed!! I really think I am the happiest I have ever been, sure I have rough patches, but mostly I am extremely happy with my life. It may be a little routine, but sometimes a little routine is comforting. It just dawned on me today that I waste a lot of energy pointing out the bad or discussing what is unfair. The truth is everything is in my life for a reason; in someway the negative makes me stronger/wiser. I just needed to document these thoughts as sometimes they are fleeting. It is just important to be thankful for all that I have and today it is clear to me how immensely blessed Hadley and I are!

Here are some photos from today and a few things I've found on the Internet that I wanted to share...

No comments:

Post a Comment