This week it really made me think about how precious life it. I mean really. Christina just had a baby, one that is younger than Hadley and just like that they found cancer, now her future is uncertain. It really hit home becuase her oldest daughter Hattie is away at college. Once they told Hattie what was going on she got on a plane and headed home. I just can't imagine
going though that being away at school. Family is one of the most important things in life, they are the ones you need in the dark times. I am sure it is going to painful to watch in the coming weeks as her husband Adam goes through that with her. Love is such a powerful thing, I can't imagine being in any part of that equation. My limited experience with cancer is not so great...hopefully my relationship will continue to be limited.Also on tonight's episode, Julia, who is probably the one most like me ( she is very type A, very driven, and a working mom). They recently adopted a 9 year old boy and it has bren rough on her and her husband. She has not been totally focused on her job, she is a lawyer and missed a really importnt deadline. The partners called her in and told her she was on the partner track, they asked that she promise that from this point forward her job be the most important thing, and she couldn't- so she quit. Earlier that same day she had a full blown anxiety attack. It was reassuring for me to see that even the most together moms ( yes even fictional ones) sometimes can't do it all. Futhermore, being a mom can sometimes totally change your priorities and plans for yourself. Things that were so importnat before don't seem so important anymore...
If you aren't watching yet- what are you waiting for?? I love this show!And just for fun...

No comments:
Post a Comment