CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
This blog originally was intended to be a picture of the day blog; however, it has seemed to morph into a journal of sorts, it is mostly about Hadley and her daily happenings, but since I am writing it- you get a bit of me every once in a while too. I hope you enjoy reading about our lives!

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Life as of late...

A lot has been going on lately- some good, some stressful, and some pretty darn upsetting.
Last week was sort of blur, we have a lot going on at work...it's going to be pretty stressful until about March, but hopefully it won't be too awful. I am not sleeping too well, I attribute to the fact that I am not sleeping that great to underlying stress...meaning I don't neccessarily feel stressed, but I know that I am a wee bit.

I dipped my baby toe in the dating world...gee, I am going to chalk every experience up to a learning experience, but man it is rough. I am evidently not a very good judge of character- I mean I should know this by now. This person told me I "sold myself short" and there was "no hope of it getting better." There were some other offensive things that totally came out of who know where. Wow, really?!?! I am sorry that I have a difficult time hearing compliment after compliment. I much rather you ask about day, or better yet engage in a conversation when I
tell you about something that has happened rather than responding with "You're hot," or some other variation of that. You barely know me, you should spend your time getting to know me rather than going on and on about yourself and how amazing you are. I just don't like hollow words. I am all for word of affirmation when they mean something, but as a placeholder for conversation is it very offputting. I mean besides I don't think most people would respond to such comments with I know I am the most amazing thing ever. I am a confident person, I mean maybe I am a little more tarnished than I once was, but if you know me, you know I don't exactly have low self esteem, you also know that I don't necessarily feel comfortable having someone go on and on about me...I think that is being called humble????

So I guess, I just dust myself off, move forward and follow my new plan, just sit back and let things happen; I clearly am not good at making these choices for myself. I am looking for greatness, it is going to have to be worth my time to take time away from my child. In the meantime, I can have a good time with my girlfriends, my family, and can enjoy doing things by myself (I have a new found appreciation to doing things by myself). I have hope that there is a good match for me somewhere out there, and when the timing is right it will just happen... and if it doesn't it doesn't- I have a pretty great life so I am just going to focus my efforts on that.

Speaking of, Hadley is doing well. We have had some beauttiful weather days, so she has
been enjoying playing outside. While at school, she seemingly is having a love affair with sand. It is in her hair, in her mouth, in her shoes, all over clothes, they claim they can't keep her away from it... She is also working on counting to ten, she can do it pretty well.
She is talking more and more everyday and sometimes just knows things that I have no idea how she knows them. She is just so smart! She is really into apples these days she eats at least one a day and would eat more if given the chance. She is just a ball of energy, but it is slowly becoming apparent that she is NOT a morning a person. This morning when I woke her up, she kept telling me to hush....as I morning person I do not understand this!

Here are some photos from this weekend, that I haven't shared...




No comments:

Post a Comment