The last few days it dawned on me how much Hadley has grown and changed in a year. Yesterday I took her to her very first dentist appointment. I am one that loves the dentist and I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I went from a young age on. I loved my pediatric dentist, he was probaly the nicest most soft spoken men I have ever know. I guess it was because of this that I didn't have a cavity until I was into my 20's. I was nervous and exited to take Hadley. I was curious to see how she would do, but nervous because I knew deep down she wouldn't like it one bit. I know how she is when it comes to being in control (one of those traits she got from her dear ol' mama!). SInce she is under three they made me go back with her, but I had to hide behind a fish tank while they cleaned. She cried and screamed most of the time. When they were done the hygenist came
and talked to me. She said she did better than most, as she did not bite or kick; I was equally as happy to hear that the amount of plaque on her teeth was below average, so at least I am doing something a little right! The dentist said she 8 more teeth to come in. THe next will be her canine teeth which we won't see until Christmas and her molars will not be making an appearance until summer...so we have a while to go!The dentist gave her a free Chick-FIl-A meal and a punpkin, so the fact that I am broke and free meal is a free meal, outweighed my political views (that is a joke...sort of), so that's where we went. She really enjoyed the lemondae and ketchup more than anything else! More than that, she really enjoyed playing on the play place, that was her first experience with anything like that and she loved it, basically if there is a slide, she is in heaven!
A few hours later we headed to the doctor to check on some sniffles and to get her flu shot. It was in the moments after her shot that is dawned on me how much older she is. Last year she of course just cried, this year she said "Owie" and "boo boo.." it made me a little more sad,
but also proud that she could express pain- she has come a long way. Let it be noted that she can be a bit of a drama queen (really, I have no idea where she gets that from....). She seems to always have owies that need to be given some TLC, I have even witnessed her bumping her head on purpose so that she could say owie, she is something else.
I also was able to snap a few pictures of her in her Halloween costume. We have been practicing wearing it, because I knew that if we didn't she would have an issue being enlosed by the suit. So almost everyday she puts it on for a bit. Lately she has asked to put it on. She likes to wear it for a bit, but seems to take more delight in pulling it off. It velcroes in the front and I like to think she feels like the incredible Hulk ripping it off...maybe not. But how cute is that? I love the costume, and I found it on sale at Old Navy super cheap while I was doing my back to school shopping, can't beat that. Last Halloween my arms ached from carrying her around while we went trick-or-treating, this year I am sure she won't let me carry her- because these days she can do everything for herself, thank you very much!

No comments:
Post a Comment