I had never been more ready for a weekend in my life than this last Labor Day weekend. I had a long week at work and was just ready to take a break. I was able to leave work early on Friday which made it even better. I picked up Hadley and we headed to Humble for the long weekend. I always love weekends with my family, mostly because it is nice to have help- it gives me a little break!
We made pretty good time on Friday and Hadley got lots of time to play outside to swing and play with Maggie. Basically Friday was all about playing and running, after a 4 hour car ride that was exactly what Hadley needed. On a side note, I was very proud of her on the way down the went potty at a rest stop (it was the first of many times this weekend she used a real potty that wasn’t her own- she is getting better and better at it).
Saturday we ran some errands. I bathe Hadley at night, but she had played outside and gotten all sweaty that morning, so I wanted to wash her hair again, rather than get her in the bath tub, I put her in the kitchen sink- she liked it a lot, now she wants to climb in the sink all the time. Before we headed out, I promised Hadley that if she was extra good I would get her a lemonade. She loves the stuff and has only had some of mine, so this would be her very own drink. Call it a coincidence, but she actually was really good! We had fish and okra for dinner and Hadley gobbled it up. My mom and James also finished refinishing a table that I recently got my hands on. My cousin Carol brought a table from our cousins in San Antonio that evidently was my mom’s when she was little. I kind of assumed it would be ugly and I wouldn’t want it, but it was cute and sort of art deco. So we painted it, got some new fabric to recover the chairs and it was perfect!
Sunday morning, I was looking forward to watching church online. Lakepointe has an internet campus, basically the service online and I had always wanted to watch it while I was out of town, and now that my mom has working internet we were able to. It was a good message and I was glad I heard it. When that was over we went to my dad’s house to visit for a while. Later that evening we met up with Tara, Billy, Janelle, and Landon. We met for pizza at Cici’s and let the kids run around at the park for a while…basically because my child can’t behave in a restaurant and we needed to go somewhere she could run around like the crazy person she is. I was looking forward to hearing about Tara’s first week as a teacher and getting our kids together. The biggest perk of having a photographer BFF, is that she always has her camera and always gets shots. I will post those as soon as she does! Hadley was pretty worn out that night and went to sleep pretty quickly. HOWEVER, she woke up in the middle of the night scratching her mosquito bites and crying. I called my mom to come downstairs and lay with her, while I ran to CVS to get some cream- luckily CVS is opened at 1am. She finally went back to sleep, but I couldn’t go back to sleep until almost 4.
We woke up Monday, played ( I took a short nap), played some more, and finally it was time to head home. The trip home was nice, Hadley slept most of it, I listened to my ipad and did some thinking. That drive allows for lots of thinking time…lots of realizations- too many to discuss now…more to come later!
Droning It In
1 day ago








No comments:
Post a Comment