CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
This blog originally was intended to be a picture of the day blog; however, it has seemed to morph into a journal of sorts, it is mostly about Hadley and her daily happenings, but since I am writing it- you get a bit of me every once in a while too. I hope you enjoy reading about our lives!

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy Halloween!!

Last night was Halloween, as if that is news to anyone. Now that Hadley has two Halloweens under her belt I think it is safe to say we have started some traditions.

I am always thankful for my job, but even more so around this time of year. There are lots of exciting things happening at Hadley's school through the holiday season and that all starts with her Halloween party; I am beyond luck that I am able to get away from my office to make an appearance and snap some pictures. They get to wear their costumes to school and go trick or treating at all the other classrooms. Last year Hadley was just barely walking and didn't really get it; she was content to munch on the paper sack she was given to collect candy in. This year was a whole different world, she practically lead her class door to door, said "trick-or-treat" and "thank you." I was really proud, she did so great.







After the class was done trick or treating, they headed back to their classroom for their little party. Pretty quickly after they got into the classroom, it was time to put their candy away, and pretty much every kid started crying.  I love this picture below, I was able to capture Hadley and her BFF Bryce crying at the same time, but both looked right at me...too funny!

Hadley and Bryce have been in the same class for pretty much forever, they are so sweet together. They are always playing together and have a way of talking to each other it is just so cute!
They had their party/lunch, then it was time for mommy to sneak away and head back to work. Later that night, we met up with my friend Jill at her parents' house in Forney. This has become our tradition too. It was pretty fun this year, my mom got to come and we added Courtney and her adorable little ghost Evie, and Jill's niece Amelia was able to walk along this year (last year she was just a tiny baby!). Last year we were more or less spectators and Jill's mom helped me out tremendously by carrying Hadley for most of the night. 



 This year,  I was actually pretty worried about how trick-or-treating wold go, if you have ever met Hadley, you know she is a pretty stubborn little thing. She is little Miss Independent and thinks she can do everything on her own. This worried me, how would she do walking on a sidewalk in a group, going door to door? Would she run in the street? Would she throw a fit? Well, I worried for nothing, because overall she did AWESOME! She walked right up to the door and knew what to do. She got so excited about getting candy (candy that she will eat very little, if any of). She walked for about an hour, before she started showing signs of being tired. We had a wonderful time and a pretty great group too. I am glad that we have friends nearby with kids, it just makes Halloween that much more fun! Here are some pictures from the night (another perk of having my mom here was I could focus on Hadley and chase after her, and she could take pictures- that's a win to me!)














No comments:

Post a Comment