Since Hadley's birthday fell on a weekend that wasn't mine, I decided just to make Friday her birthday here with me. She loves balloons and rainbow colors, so I knew early on whatever we did would be centered around those things. Earlier in the year I was involved in a bible study that was for moms, one of our meetings we discussed traditions and things to do to make holidays special. I tucked in my memory the idea of doing something that would involve waking up surrounded by balloons. I put my own spin on that that and made the hallway a birthday tunnel...it was filled with streamers and balloons and looked like this...
At the end of the tunnel was her big present (a slide) and her wrapped gifts were waiting for her. As soon as she woke up I literally put her in the hall to see all of it- she didn't know what to think!
She got a few books, some clothes, a Dora doll (to go with the boots one she got for Christmas), a baby stroller (from Mary Jean), and some art supplies...she is one lucky girl, she said she liked getting presents, and I bet so within four days she got a LOT of new stuff. I was happy I could give her a nice birthday and Christmas, we don't buy toys very often, so she is all stocked up now!
I also made rainbow cupcakes, they were rainbow on the inside and even frosted in different colors with rainbow sprinkles. I had a different idea for the sprinkles from a cake I saw on pinterest, but it didn't translate so well to a cupcake so I had to change plans. We sang happy birthday and Hadley blew out her candles...she really liked the cupcakes (and so did I)!
We spent the rest of the day playing with all her new toys. It was just a day all about Hadley- she was the birthday princess (well, when isn't she a princess?!?!). It was good quality time, I think next year we will try to do a party and invite friends and such, but since I wasn't getting to spend her birthday with her I wanted to have a day just us. I still can't believe I have a two year old...
Droning It In
1 day ago




























No comments:
Post a Comment