We had a pretty good Christmas, for the most part. Hadley spent the weekend before Christmas with her father, but I got to have her Sunday night to take her to church for the Christmas Eve candlelight service. Last year we were in Humble and visited a church there, it was nice, but I wished I had been at our church, and this year we were. They make the whole building look so pretty. It was a great service with a theme of hope...I liked it a lot. Here are a few photos before church at the house and a few from the church. This was the one day we all got dressed up, so it was nice to catch that on film!
Hadley headed back to her dad's on Christmas Eve, so I spent the day preparing food for Christmas dinner ( I was hoping to put everything together, so I would just have to put stuff in the oven rather than being in the kitchen all day Christmas) and I also went and served in the Parent Pager for the the 4pm Christmas Eve service at church. It was CRAZY to see how many people were at church, I mean it was packed in almost every place people could see- it is great to think that that many people wanted to celebrate the season in a church though!
Hadley got home late that night, so she took a bath and headed to bed so we could get ready for Santa. Her big gifts were a kitchen and a baby bed set. She seemed really excited to see both
She saw those first and kinda seemed uninterested in her stocking or other presents, but with a little persistence, I got her to focus on those too. She got a lot of Dora stuff, including a sing along microphone, some house shoes, a puzzle, some Veggie Tales movies, a baby doll from my friend Mary Jean, and lots of other goodies. So basically this Christmas I made my child a housewife- she has babies to care for and a kitchen to cook in- but she has a ball doing both!!I made Christmas dinner entirely from recipes on Pintrest. It was pretty good- we had apple stuffed pork loin, green bean bundles, spinach bake, rice pudding (I had never had it and it was pretty good!), baked fruit (that is an old family recipe), and apple pie bites. I also made Pomosas, which was pomegranate juice and champagne...it was all really good! While we were eating it started snowing, so we bundled up and took Hadley outside so she could actually be in snow. The last time it snowed here she was a new born and I was not about to take her out then. She liked running around in it, so much so that she had a full on fit when I took her inside...
Shortly after playing the snow, everyone fell asleep and took a nice nap. It was nice to have a low key Christmas here, it wasn't fussy...we could lounge around in the afternoon...it was perfect!

















No comments:
Post a Comment