CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
This blog originally was intended to be a picture of the day blog; however, it has seemed to morph into a journal of sorts, it is mostly about Hadley and her daily happenings, but since I am writing it- you get a bit of me every once in a while too. I hope you enjoy reading about our lives!

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A little catch up

The original purpose of this blog was to chronicle the everyday life of Hadley, and occasionally me. I have not been all that great at actually doing that lately. It has been a bit hectic around here.



We have some pretty exciting news; in just a few weeks Hadley and I will be moving into a house in Rockwall. I am beyond excited about this move for so many reasons: 1) I have wanted to live in Rockwall for about 8 years, 2) we will be closer to church and everything else that we have been driving all the way to Rockwall for at least twice a week, 3) we will have A LOT more room, Hadley will actually have a playroom (no more toys all over the place!!) 4) we will have a back yard and this means a dog, and 5) it will be so nice for Hadley to be in an actual house and not an apartment.

As I said, I am pretty excited about the move, but it will be bitter sweet to leave the only home that Hadley has ever know. The place she came home from the hospital to. Not to mention it is all happening so fast, we literally just looked t the house last week and now in a couple of weeks I will hold the keys. I have packed a good portion of the apartment, but one accumulates a lot of stuff in three years!

Also, last week was Valentine’s Day, and of course Hadley had two weeks’ worth of Valentine’s Day outfits. I tried to get her picture in them, but she is going through a phase in which she DOES NOT want to have her picture taken, especially in the morning, so this is the first out of three Valentine’s days, that I don’t have several different photos of her adorable outfits to show!



Here are some pretty major milestones/happenings that I want to remember

• Several times recently, Hadley wakes up from sleep saying she needs to potty; she does and stays dry for most of the night!
• She is doing so well at recognizing colors; sometimes, mostly when she doesn’t feel like being quizzed by mommy, she will just blurt out every color
• All day every day, she wants to do EVERYTHING by herself, most bothersome, crawling up the flight of cement stairs to our apartment (for this reason I can’t move soon enough)
• We made chocolate covered pretzels for her valentine’s day party- she loved them, I got frustrated because I forgot to put them on wax paper….
• She is obsessed with the “play ground” she talks about or asks to go to a play ground every single day, multiple times on the weekend
• She has a love for ice cream (especially rainbow sherbet)
• I have started trying to make fish weekly, always Hadley will scarf it down- she also calls all meat chicken
• She is drinking a lot, I was a bit worried, but after some research it seems to be more of a way to pass time or a habit, but we are keeping an eye on it
• She is learning the sounds of letters at school, they have done A-C and she has B down pat!




















No comments:

Post a Comment