This weekend felt really long, which was nice. On Friday after Hadley went to sleep, I headed out to meet up with a few girlfriends, but most importantly to meet a new guy in one of their lives. It was nice to go somewhere; I hadn’t done that in a while.
Saturday morning we took Hadley to get Santa pictures. One of the moms of a former student has a photography studio. She does Santa pictures every year. I like this for many reasons. One, the Santa she hires has a real bear and everything he looks like Santa. Two, it is the same Santa every year so it is like a tradition to get her photo with the same one. Three, and most importantly, I like that it is in a studio, there aren’t people waiting in line, when Hadley decides to have a meltdown, which is inevitable, it isn’t as embarrassing. She wouldn’t get on Santa’s lap- at all. In my mind I was ready for every possibility of her reaction, but for whatever reason I didn’t anticipate her clinging to me for dear life. It took a while to get her to even go near him. Through some rather creative tactics, we were able to get a cute one of her close to Santa. It makes for a good picture and good display of who Hadley really is.
After pictures, she went to see her father and my mom and I picked up a few small things for the house and Christmas and went home to clean, and I might have snuck in a little nap. Sunday was the norm, got up, dropped Hadley off, headed to church, heard a great message, worked parent pager, did some grocery shopping and headed home. We bought a little baby bed set for Hadley and I wanted to put it together to see what it actually looked like- that dang thing took about an hour to put together…it was crazy. When Hadley got home she noticed my mom and I both had freshly painted toes (I have a cute color called cocktail dress, it is black with red glitter) and insisted on having her toes painted. I don’t paint my own toes, I just don’t do a good job, so I knew I couldn’t paint Hadley’s- so my mom did it. Surprisingly she sat really still and let her do it and was so happy when it was done. Look at her cute little pink toes (would it be any other color???)
Droning It In
1 day ago




No comments:
Post a Comment